Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I can't think of catchie title for this...

HAPPY DAY!!!  The website, me-thepeople.com is up and running at last.  The biz cards are in my pocket.  Family and friends are gathering signatures to get my name on the ballot... It has been difficult, to say the least, managing so many things at one time, while also trying to earn the money to keep the bills paid.  I try to make the most of my limited time at home, by spending as much of it as I can with my wife.  Our kids, (of which we have four), are pretty much grown.  Our youngest daughter, is the only one still under our roof, and she has a pretty busy schedule.  Between school, work, and her boyfriend, she doesn't really hang around the house much either... unless she's grounded to it (that's only half joking).  She's looking forward to that day, in the not too distant future, when she writes her own Declaration of Independence.


I work on this project, (the campaign, website, and blog), generally at times when it won't take away from the relatively small amount of time my wife and I have together, (like after she's asleep, or when I'm on the road). I spent many late night hours, building a website that wouldn't launch, then, while stuck in Baltimore waiting for a load to materialize,  another 18 consecutive hours, building it again from scratch.  I see why web developers get paid well for the work they do.  Please have a look.

"WHY IS HE TELLING ME THIS"?  You must be asking yourself.  "WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME"?


JUST ONE REASON.  I want you to know me.  I want you to trust me.  I heard someone say today, (referring to today's politicians), you can't trust what they say, when they're in CAMPAIGN MODE.  Trouble is... they are ALWAYS in campaign mode.  I have said before, (and it is the tag line for ME THE PEOPLE), that I want to change the way politics is done.  I MEAN THAT.  This land is FULL of fine men and women, who would make GREAT leaders.  They don't want to take on the task, because they are either afraid of the media, or just don't want to get that... ... SOILED?.


The United States of America possesses the best and brightest minds the world has to offer.  A precious few of these are willing to go to the lengths it takes to get elected, in the political climate we have been in for the past half century.  We are all suffering for it.  We are no longer being governed by the best among us, (not that I consider myself to be the best among us).  We are being RULED by mediocre minds at best.  We have to turn the corner on this somehow, and soon.  We are all riding the same train, and it's about to run off the track.  While we are all fighting amongst ourselves, those mediocre minds are stoking the boiler. (I know, I know... we don't use steam engines anymore).  If we don't find a way get our minds off the condition of the upholstery in the dining car,  and on to the condition of the track...


Our future, the future of our children, and grandchildren, holds in store...  A TRAIN WRECK.


I'll get back to ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment